Painting Chick: One week down...

One week down...

What a great first week of 2012 this has been!  We said goodbuy to the holidays and everyone is back in a routine.  I have been cleaning out closets and drawers all week!  I always am "forced" to clean out old stuff, to make room for new things that all recieved for Christmas presents!  I think also, taking down all the holiday decorations gets me in that clean up and clean out mode! 

I have also been busy this week with my Scrapbook Life Journal online class!  This has been such a great week getting to know this new project and all the amazing, talented, inspirational classmates and instuctor!  I saw that Stephanie posted she is keeping the class registration open for a few more weeks.  So, if you by chance are reading this and are looking for a wonderful, inspriational creative outlet, jump over to her blog and sign up!  I'll show you a few of my journal pages to give you a little nudge...

cover for scrapbook life journal art journal

The first assignment was to create a binder for the entire year using items from our stash!  I CAN NOT explain to you how wonderful my stash is!  I found so many beautiful papers that I felt like I
 was shopping all over again.  Once this binder was loaded with enough of the papers for the entire year, I really felt like I accomplished something wonderful!  I could'nt hardly wait for the class to begin on Jan. 1st!


Stephanie gave us this inspirational doodle to print out and make our own for our journal...




Using my trusty Loew Cornell watercolors and Pentel watercolor brush, I did just that!  Made it my own crazy, full of color, buzy, doodle!


watercolor doodle

Here are the other pages I created in my journal for the first week of January! 

art journal pages

A new prompt comes out today for the Second week!  I am excited to see what this week will bring!
Have a wonderful week!