Painting Chick: Del Rio needs a colorful FRIEND!

Del Rio needs a colorful FRIEND!



I am excited about the Spring Art Show in Del Rio, Tx. next weekend. I took my entries down there this past weekend. While I was waiting to check in my things, I looked around a a few of the other entries. Lets just say, my things are VERY LOUD! Most of the other entries I saw were muted landscapes, drawings, watercolors, and BW photography! I sure hope when all is hung, mine don't stick out like a sore thumb! Here is a picture of the clay collage I took.....



I also took one of my peacocks. Those have been selling the best, so I figured it might go over well there too...We will see?


I am so proud of my younger daughter Abby. She wanted to do a painting to enter in the junior division. She began by drawing her ideas on paper. Once she perfected her idea, she drew it on her canvas. I was so excited, she did it all alone! The idea and the composition is so great! Once she finished painting it, I took it and had it framed! Abby named it "Heads Up", take a look!